Hornsjø is a Mountain Hotell with traditions going back to the 1870-ies with a development from mountain farming to posting inn and from boarding house to hotel. For a period in the 1970-ies in the great era of the mountain hotels in Norway Hornsjø Høyfjellshotell was the biggest in the country. Outstanding features: Today the guests of the hotel are mainly groups, teams, organizations and families. Shortly we will characterize the hotel style as informal, friendly, family based and calm. It is a place where you easily feel at home.
The well prepared skiing tracks in a gentle and varied countryside fits to all needs: It fits all ages, professionals and families on ski holiday. The hotel is situated close to the tree limit. The view is magnificent with Hornsjøen lake below and the view to the mountains to the east. From Hornsjø Høyfjellshotell there is 18 km to the Øyer shopping centre and the Hafjell Alpine Facilities.
- elk safari
- nature trail
- conference rooms
- children's swimming pool
- conference facilities
- dance floor
- dining room - 150 personer
- fireplace lounge
- pool - indoor
Nature and terrain
- school trip
- All-year - Unntatt jul/romjul
- table tennis
- massage: scalp
Type of animal
MapExplore the region
1. All year road (and the only winter road): Go on the E6 to Øyer. At junction 86 go direction Hornsjøen. Follow the signs towards Hornsjøenleading you to the road Hornsjøvegen. At first it goes upwards for 7 km. From there on it goes through hilly terrain (13 km).
In the summertime there are several other possibilities:
2. Summerroad from Brumunddal or Moelv. From Brumunddal or Moelv you can follow the signs towards Åstadalen. It’s a very nice road along the Åsta river, After approx. 50 km you come to Øvre Åstbrua road tax station (manned). From there is 10 km to Hornsjø.
3. Summer road from Nordseter: In the summertime the shortest road from Lillehammer to Hornsjø is by Nordseter. Follow the signs from Lillehammer to Nordseter (asphalt road). Then from Nordseter to Hornsjø there is a narrow and nice summer road (12 km). Follow the signs.
4. Other roads from Hafjelltoppen, Pellestova and Sjusjøen. In the summertime you can also go to Hornsjø from Hafjelltoppen via Pellestova. Just follow the signs from Pellestova. It’s also easy to find the way over the mountain from Sjusjøen.
5. Via the Birkebeinervegen from Østerdalen. You can go west from Riksvei 3 in Østerdalen by Messelt between Rena and Koppang. Then you cross the mountain on the nice Birkebeinervegen to Øvre Åstbrua Road tax station. Then turn right and go the last 10 km to Hornsjø.
Attention: All roads in the mountain are private, and you must pay road tax (usually 50 NOK)