Welcome to LJOS – an evocative outdoor experience at beautiful Maihaugen. This year we invite you to a brand new edition, a half-hour performance with dance and light to specially composed music.
For two years our guests have enjoyed the outdoor December experience LJOS at Maihaugen. This year there will be a completely new performance where you have to show up at the appointed time.
In the dark December evening, the Garmo stave church lights up. The stage and scenery are the historic buildings and the frozen lake. New this year is that dance is also part of the experience together with music from the jazz musician Arve Henriksen.
Look forward to a new and atmospheric experience!
- Attendance at 18.00. The performance starts at 18.15.
- Duration 30 minutes.
- Entrance through the visitor centre. Exit through the gate below the main building.
- The lights in the houses are turned off at 19.00 (Garmo stave church, the open hearth house, Mytting and the Parsonage).
- Your ticket also includes the museum's other offers with opening hours 12.00–18.00.
* Thursday–Sunday in December. NB! The museum is closed on Saturday 24 December, Sunday 25 December, Saturday 31 December and Sunday 1 January.
|Season (1 Dec 2022 - 30 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Wednesday||Closed|
|Thursday - Sunday||18:00||- 19:00|
* General Opening Text