Up North from Oslo, along the newly built highway E6, is Hafjell – a ski resort which offers various skiing for the very beginner to the bravest ski or park enthusiast. It takes about 2,5 hours drive from Oslo and the highway is both easy and comfortable.
Hafjell is suitable for everyone, especially children of all ages and their families. Try out our two children’s areas, with slopes, lifts and activities perfectly suited for children.
Hafjell for children
Hafjell’s two children areas, on the bottom of the resort and to the top of the Gondola - Mosetertoppen, are great for children of all levels and beginners of all ages. The bottom area is the meeting point of the ski school and is the very best place for beginners to practice their skiing. But do not be afraid of taking the gondola to the top, because beginners are also welcome here in ”Frontyard for kids” – our most successful children’s area with small jumps and other park elements for children. The sheltered moving carpet will take you up again, without the hassles of the ski lift.
When the children are getting more experienced, they can try the ski lift and steeper slope connected to Frontyard.
Hafjell offers slopes of all levels, from the easiest children slopes to the most advanced black slopes, so no matter what your skill is, you can enjoy Hafjell. The entire ski resort is facing the sun and has good snow conditions from mid-November till mid-April. In addition to great and various slopes, Hafjell got a complete park offer for all levels, and one of Norway’s largest trails of cross-country skiing. After the sun goes down, it is also possible to enjoy cross-country skiing at Mosetertoppen with 7km of lighted trails.
Service facilities and good experiences
You can stay in our cabins or apartements, which can be rented from Hafjell Kvitfjell Booking. Most of our accomodation offers ski in/out and is located on top of the mountain, in the middle or at the bottom. Hafjell got several restaurants and afterski places, so enjoy a cinnamon bun at Skavlen restaurant with a beautiful view of Gudbrandsdalen and the river Lågen. After a long day skiing, bring your friends and enjoy our afterski.
Hafjell is a large and modern ski resort with free Wi-Fi hotspots at restaurants and several popular places on the mountain. Hafjell offers the best ski experience for families. Experience our winter wonderland!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good48
- CeeJ80Newcastle, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSki tripSaturday, 23rd February 2019We’ve just returned from our week at Hafjell and really enjoyed our trip. The ski centre is well set up and superbly staffed - lifts run smoothly and everyone is very helpful and friendly. The slopes... Read full review
- salsaaudiStavanger, NorwayTrip Type:FamilyGreat and compact skiareaThursday, 28th March 2019This center is located close to Lillehammer. It is around two hours drive from Oslo airport. There are lot of apartments you can choose to rent around this alpinsenter, but during demanding seasons... Read full review
- Lorna MSalford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat ski areaTuesday, 16th April 2019Had week in Hafjell. Slopes were really quiet during the week and snow excellent for time of the season. It is quite exposed up on the top so even in mid April we needed balaclavas! We are... Read full review
- Hafjell Ski Resort
- built - 1988
- charging point for electric vehicles
- reconstructed - 2012
- alpine equipment
- ski equipment
- snowboarding equipment
- advanced alpine trails/runs
- après ski
- black run/difficult
- blue run/easy
- chair lift
- giant slalom
- green run/beginners
- half-pipe snowboard
- off piste
- red run/intermediate
- snow canon
- Telemark skiing
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||NOK455.00 1 day|
|Also available as:|
|Adults||NOK875.00 2 days|
|Adults||NOK1,850.00 5 days|
|Adults||NOK2,115.00 7 days|
|Children||NOK370.00 1 day|
|Also available as:|
|Children||NOK710.00 2 days|
|Children||NOK1,475.00 5 days|
|Children||NOK1,670.00 7 days|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Season (10 Nov 2018 - 25 Nov 2018)|
|Monday - Friday||Closed|
|Saturday - Sunday||09:30||- 15:30|
|Season (1 Dec 2018 - 22 Apr 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 16:30|
|Season (24 Dec 2018)|
|Season (3 Jan 2019 - 28 Mar 2019)|
|Tuesday - Thursday||16:30||- 20:00|