With its warm and cozy atmosphere, Park Cafen offers an amazing view of its park location. Our concept is homemade cooking which reflects the changing seasons.
We are located in Søndre Park, a beautiful gem at the southern end of Lillehammer's main street, Storgata. The park was established in the late 19th century, with old majestic trees, bushes and flowers, lit paths, benches, a pond, sculptures and a pavilion for classical concerts.
The Café was established in 1933 and reflects the functionalist style of the time. It has been a summer restaurant ever since. After the building was fully restored in 2009, we have been a year-round operation. The restaurant is family run and has had the same owners for almost 30 years.
In the peak season, from May until September, we have an outdoor seating capacity of 300-plus seats in the middle of the lush park. Indoors we have created a warm and cozy atmosphere with approximately 60 seats, all with a panoramic view of nature's seasonal changes.
Our concept is homemade cooking and cakes, all made from scratch. Our menu is inspired by Norwegian as well as Mediterranean and Asian culinary traditions. The menu follows the seasons, and a great number of our dishes feature locally grown and organic ingredients.
We are licensed to serve all kinds of wine and spirits, and we offer an interesting wine list, several types of beer and a good selection of drinks as well as tea and coffee. Our focus is always on serving high-quality food and drink.
We are happy and proud that our guests come in all ages, genders, nationalities, titles and types. We are delighted to cater to your needs, whether it is a cup of coffee, a piece of cake, a family lunch, lunch for one, a business lunch, meeting friends over a glass of wine, having a beer, having dinner with your company, eating alone, celebrating with your friends with a 3-course dinner, a wedding dinner, an anniversary, a Christmas buffet and show - whatever you might prefer.
We also organize many cultural events! During the annual Literary Festival in spring, we host more than 20 different events. We have a huge summer event with an outdoor concert, in addition to more intimate concerts indoors. We provide winemakers' dinners as well as culinary events throughout the year, and of course our annual Christmas show in a heated tent which seats more than 200 people.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good32
- MajeNorwayTrip Type:CouplesLovely cafe in small, but peaceful parkTuesday, 14th August 2018This park cafe has been around for many years, and I remember visiting when I was a child. This weekend was my first real visit in 20 years, and it was a very pleasant trip down memory lane. The cafe... Read full review
- tamzinmockLillehammer, NorwayTrip Type:Friends getawayDelicious food, lamb stew melted in my mouthWednesday, 24th October 2018Very nice place; however as it is a small restaurant it might be a little noisy for some people as the space is fairly small. In summer this would not be a problem as people can eat outside on the... Read full review
- Hans Nobel CAsker, NorwayTrip Type:Familygreat place in the park at the end of the main streetMonday, 11th March 2019This is just a very nice place, in the park ext to the church at the end of the main street. really nice food and coffee! A hidden gem! Read full review
Tel: +47 61 25 08 85
* For opening hours please visit our homepage.