With its warm and cozy atmosphere, Park Cafen offers an amazing view of its park location. Our concept is homemade cooking which reflects the changing seasons.
We are located in Søndre Park, a beautiful gem at the southern end of Lillehammer's main street, Storgata. The park was established in the late 19th century, with old majestic trees, bushes and flowers, lit paths, benches, a pond, sculptures and a pavilion for classical concerts.
The Café was established in 1933 and reflects the functionalist style of the time. It has been a summer restaurant ever since. After the building was fully restored in 2009, we have been a year-round operation. The restaurant is family run and has had the same owners for almost 30 years.
In the peak season, from May until September, we have an outdoor seating capacity of 300-plus seats in the middle of the lush park. Indoors we have created a warm and cozy atmosphere with approximately 60 seats, all with a panoramic view of nature's seasonal changes.
Our concept is homemade cooking and cakes, all made from scratch. Our menu is inspired by Norwegian as well as Mediterranean and Asian culinary traditions. The menu follows the seasons, and a great number of our dishes feature locally grown and organic ingredients.
We are licensed to serve all kinds of wine and spirits, and we offer an interesting wine list, several types of beer and a good selection of drinks as well as tea and coffee. Our focus is always on serving high-quality food and drink.
We are happy and proud that our guests come in all ages, genders, nationalities, titles and types. We are delighted to cater to your needs, whether it is a cup of coffee, a piece of cake, a family lunch, lunch for one, a business lunch, meeting friends over a glass of wine, having a beer, having dinner with your company, eating alone, celebrating with your friends with a 3-course dinner, a wedding dinner, an anniversary, a Christmas buffet and show - whatever you might prefer.
We also organize many cultural events! During the annual Literary Festival in spring, we host more than 20 different events. We have a huge summer event with an outdoor concert, in addition to more intimate concerts indoors. We provide winemakers' dinners as well as culinary events throughout the year, and of course our annual Christmas show in a heated tent which seats more than 200 people.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good34
- Peter_BombergOttawa, CanadaA gem, the setting is wonderful as is the food.Sunday, 11th August 2019Simply superb setting with great service, we enjoyed sitting outside with the late afternoon/early evening sun warming us and bathing the wonderful park in a golden yellow One of the best toast... Read full review
- Niels LAarhus, DenmarkTrip Type:CouplesLovely park caféSaturday, 17th August 2019The surroundings is beautiful in the park, the café is cozy inside, and outside. The staff is very attentive, friendly and service minded. The lunch was delicious and the servings very big. Read full review
- Henning1967Lillehammer, NorwayNice park cafeWednesday, 4th September 2019Had a great meal on a beautiful friday in the park. Menu is small, but it is enough to choose between, even glutenfree alternative. Good cold beer and wine in a nice outdoor atmosphere. The personal... Read full review
Tel: +47 61 25 08 85
* For opening hours please visit our homepage.