The Norwegian Olympic Museum in Lillehammer is a top modern and exciting museum. Be enchanted by unforgettable olympic moments made by athletes from all over the world, and experience olympic history from ancient times to the present day.
The Winter Olympics that took place in Lillehammer in 1994 and Oslo in 1952 play a central role in the museum and will bring back memories from the celebrations that took place during these two Olympics.
The museum is an exciting museum with a lot to experience and see, from medals and other original objects, a biathlon simulator, and movies that prolong the golden moments and bring out the goosebumps.
In the museum you will also find contemporary exhibitions.
The Olympic Museum is located at Maihaugen in Lillehammer, and there is a discount on the ticket price when buying a joint ticket with Maihaugen open air-museum.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good23
- Kristoffer HTrip Type:CouplesCool and coolSaturday, 21st July 2018Cool in a warm summer day. A must visit for a Swede like me due to that we did take Olympic gold here in '94 Olympics. Read full review
- Chris PAlexandria, VirginiaTrip Type:Solo travelWhole story of Norway in the OlympicsWednesday, 23rd January 2019Really enjoyed this small museum. Full account of the '94 Lillehammer and the '52 Oslo Winter Olympics and also all Norway's Olympians in both Winter and Summer Games. Read full review
- _bmann2457Brisbane, AustraliaTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat way to spend a cold afternoon.Friday, 8th March 2019An attraction for sports lovers but also for anyone who loves human endeavour. Interactive and very informative for young and old alike. Read full review
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||NOK135.00 1 person|
|Children||NOK65.00 1 person|
|Familienticket||NOK335.00 1 person|
|Senior||NOK95.00 1 person|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
MapExplore the region
The Norwegian Olympic Museum is located at Maihaugen, in walking distance from Lillehammer town center and the train station. Follow the signs from E6 and towards Maihaugen. Big parking lot.
- Stiftelsen Miljøfyrtårn Eco-Lighthouse
|Norges Olympiske Museum (2 Jan 2019 - 30 Apr 2019)*|
|Tuesday - Friday||11:00||- 15:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||11:00||- 16:00|
|Season (18 May 2019 - 31 May 2019)*|
|Tuesday - Sunday||11:00||- 16:00|
|Norges Olympiske Museum (1 June 2019 - 31 Aug 2019)*|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|