We serve generous buffets daily for lunch and dinner, non-residents are welcome. We offer a range of delicious, home-cooked hot and cold dishes: fish, meats, salads and vegetarian dishes. Our extenisive dessert table is well known! Join us for a meal and enjoy the extensive mountain views accompanied by friendly, attentive service.
Every Wednesday during the season we serve our reknowned "Norsk Matbord". A buffet of home-cooked, Norwegian food based on traditional ingredients and cooking methods. Please book ahead to jion us for the Norwegian Buffet.
Our restaurant is fully licensed with a good wine and drinnks menu. New this year Venabu has its own microbrewery. We serve three of our own beers regularly on tap with some special seasonal beers.
During the day we serve drinks, snacks, coffee and cakes and à la carte meals in our relaxed lounge bar.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- Mindy and Roger AJanesville, WisconsinTrip Type:CouplesLarge Selection of Very Good ItemsSaturday, 25th August 2018Wonderful selection of items. Excellent, well presented food. Everything tasted great and it was obvious the staff take great pride in pleasing customers. There were also items such as gluten-free... Read full review
- mandehillierExeter, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyReal traditional Norwegian foodFriday, 8th March 2019Do try the roke Fisk All the marinated fish are wonderful. And of course the tradition rommegrit( sour cream porridge ) my favourite Read full review
- 614PaulaStirling, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellentFriday, 15th March 2019Incredibly wide selection of cold fish, cold meats, salads, hot dishes, desserts, cheese as well as hot drinks. Good value particularly for Norway Read full review
- mountain hiking
- riding in the mountains
- riding tours
- Diners Club
- partially adapted to suit wheelchair users
- bathing jetty
- course facilities
- dogs allowed
- family friendly
- fireplace lounge
- free wifi
- live music - during the main holiday seasons
- Payment terminal
- smoking only allowed outdoors
- snow shoes
- fully licensed
- NHO Reiseliv
Nature and terrain
- cross-country skiing area
- forest area
- high mountain plateau
- hiking area
MapExplore the region
E6 through Gudbrandsdalen to Frya, 5 km north of Ringebu centre and then Fv. 27 for approx. 16 km.